Congratulations to our under-11 quiz team who came second in the Castlecomer Credit Union Quiz Competition. Our under-13 team were narrowly defeated in a tie-break for second place. Thanks to everyone on both teams, they were brilliant.
Check out this great video
From March 2015
Santa Walk, December 2017.
Our school debating team have progressed to the final of our region's Concern Primary Debating competition. We are pitted against Gowran N.S. on Monday the 8th of April. We will be opposing the motion 'Genetically modified food is essential in the fight against world hunger'. This is the first time we have reached the final of this competition and we wish our hard-working team all the best.
Many thanks to Paul Corcoran (Chairperson, St. Martin's Hurling Club), Lar Maher (Chairperson, Muckalee Football Club) and Pat Fitzpatrick, our local County Councillor, for presenting our school with the two flags of our clubs. With so many of our children enjoying a sporting life through our clubs, we will fly the flags with great pride!!
Monday: MOOD-BOOSTER MONDAY
· Share a joke
· Try a tongue twister
· Spend time with a friend
Tuesday: FRIENDLY FACE TUESDAY
· Show respect to everyone you meet
· Give someone a compliment
· Invite someone to join a game
Wednesday: HEADSPACE WEDNESDAY
· Slow down
· Take 5 mins quiet time
· Listen to some classical music
· Go for a nature walk
· View a nature programme
Thursday: THANKFUL THURSDAY
· Make a list of things you are thankful for.
· Thank anyone who helps you today
· Write, decorate and send a thank you note to someone
· Look back on highlights of the year/ week / term so far
· Write/ draw your top five happy moments
· Share these with your fr
Thanks to Donald Birnie for the superb footage